Upgrade to High-Speed Internet for only ₱1499/month!
Enjoy up to 100 Mbps fiber broadband, perfect for browsing, streaming, and gaming.
Visit Suniway.ph to learn
February 22, 2026 | 11:52am
This undated photo shows the Bureau of Immigration main office in Intramuros, Manila.
The STAR / Edd Gumban, file
MANILA, Philippines — The Bureau of Immigration arrested a Chinese national for alleged identity theft and immigration violations during an operation in Parañaque City on February 16.
In a statement issued Saturday, February 21, the bureau said authorities conducted the operation at a condominium unit in Barangay Tambo, where they apprehended 36-year-old Fang Li.
Intelligence reports suggested that Fang was allegedly involved in illicit local activities and had been assuming the identity of another Chinese national to evade detection.
Records showed she entered the Philippines in 2022 as a temporary visitor but failed to secure visa extensions, rendering her an overstaying alien.
Two others detained
During the same operation, authorities also arrested two other Chinese nationals.
Chen Youliang, 38, was found to be an undocumented alien with an active Blacklist Order. The bureau said he had previously ignored an Order to Leave issued for earlier visa violations.
The third individual, 39-year-old Xu Yuxiang, was also confirmed to be overstaying after her last recorded visa extension expired in 2020.
All three are being held at the bureau’s warden facility pending deportation proceedings.

3 hours ago
1


