Lacson takes swipe at Pia Cayetano's ‘walang nangumusta’ remark

10 hours ago 3
Suniway Group of Companies Inc.

Upgrade to High-Speed Internet for only ₱1499/month!

Enjoy up to 100 Mbps fiber broadband, perfect for browsing, streaming, and gaming.

Visit Suniway.ph to learn

Renalyn Ramirez - Philstar.com

May 21, 2026 | 4:58pm

Sen. Bong Go posts an update on Facebook showing him and fellow senators during a meal on May 13, 2026, the same night the shooting incident occurred inside the Senate.

Sen. Bong Go via Facebook

MANILA, Philippines — Sen. Panfilo “Ping Lacson” took a jab at Sen. Pia Cayetano’s emotional rant, saying that the majority bloc was even able to go live on Facebook on the night of the shooting incident.

“Paano mo ba naman kukumustahin ang mga masasayang nagkakainan, nagkakape at naka FB live pa para pagbintangan ang minority bloc na may alam daw sa putukan ng baril sa Senado?” Lacson posted on X on Thursday, May 21.

(How can you even check on people who are happily eating together, drinking coffee and even going live on FB just to accuse the minority bloc of supposedly knowing about the gunfire at the Senate?)

This swipe came after Cayetano broke into tears on Wednesday as she took offense at Sen. Risa Hontiveros’ “parang walang nangyari” (as if nothing happened) line during a privilege speech in the Senate on Wednesday.

Pia takes offense

Hontiveros earlier urged the Senate to actively deal with the May 13 chaos instead of just leaving the investigation in the hands of other government agencies like the Department of Justice (DOJ).

Hontiveros further said that the Senate could not act as if nothing had happened.

"Sa loob-loob ko, hindi ako mapanatag na simula noong Lunes ang ipinakita natin ay para bang walang nangyari, na para bang hindi nabastos ang ating institusyon, ang ating mga empleyado, at ang mga Pilipino," Hontiveros said.

(Deep down, I am not at peace that since Monday, what we have shown is as if nothing happened, as if our institution, our employees, and the Filipino people had not been disrespected.)

Cayetano then took the floor, offended by a three-word phrase.

"Siguro para sa inyong mga wala dito, pero para sa amin na nandito, napakaraming nangyari," she said.

(Maybe for those of you who were not here, but for us who were, so many things happened.)

She then complained that the minority bloc did not even reach out to them to check.

Concerns were sent

Senator Erwin Tulfo, however, refuted her claim on Wednesday, saying that senators from the minority bloc expressed their concern in their WhatsApp group chat.

Tulfo also condemned the speculation that members of the minority knew about the shooting incident.

“To suggest that the mere fact that some senators were responsible for what later transpired just because they had already left the premises is speculative, irresponsible and unsupported by evidence,” Tulfo said.

Meanwhile, on the same night that the shooting occurred, Sen. Bong Go posted an update on his Facebook account showing him and other senators, some smiling, during a meal together in one of the photos.

Read Entire Article