PBA: Bol Bol suffers Achilles injury, out for Commissioner’s Cup

1 hour ago 2
Suniway Group of Companies Inc.

Upgrade to High-Speed Internet for only ₱1499/month!

Enjoy up to 100 Mbps fiber broadband, perfect for browsing, streaming, and gaming.

Visit Suniway.ph to learn

TNT Tropang 5G import Bol Bol suffers an injury during Game 2 of the PBA Commissioner's Cup semifinals vs Meralco Bolts.TNT Tropang 5G import Bol Bol suffers an injury during Game 2 of the PBA Commissioner's Cup semifinals vs Meralco Bolts.

TNT Tropang 5G import Bol Bol suffers an injury during Game 2 of the PBA Commissioner’s Cup semifinals vs Meralco Bolts. –MARLO CUETO/INQUIRER.net

MANILA, Philippines–Bol Bol has been ruled out for the remainder of the PBA Commissioner’s Cup after suffering a partial Achilles tear, TNT team manager Jojo Lastimosa said.

The injury happened during Game 2 of the PBA Commissioner’s Cup semifinals between TNT Tropang 5G and Meralco Bolts.

Article continues after this advertisement

Bol was no longer on the floor when TNT returned for the third quarter, with Lastimosa confirming he had already left the arena.

“It’s [the] Achilles. A partial Achilles tear. He’s definitely out. We’re looking for an import now,” Lastimosa told the Inquirer. “He left [the arena] already. He’s undergoing an MRI.”

Bol Bol taken to the locker room after getting injured in Game 2 of TNT’s PBA Commissioner’s Cup semifinals against Meralco. And it looks to be serious. | @jonasterradoINQ pic.twitter.com/nnTbb2iDpq

— INQUIRER Sports (@inquirersports) May 22, 2026

At the 2:38 mark of the first quarter, Bol drove to the basket but landed awkwardly and immediately clutched his left heel.

Article continues after this advertisement

He was carried by his TNT teammates to the locker room but was immediately rushed to the hospital for an MRI exam.

Before exiting, Bol had 10 points and six rebounds.

TNT’s longtime import Rondae Hollis-Jefferson also went down last year with an Achilles tear when he played for Meralco during the East Asia Super League.

Lastimosa also told the Inquirer that TNT is already in talks with two possible replacements, although it remains uncertain if a new import will be cleared in time for Game 3.

Your subscription could not be saved. Please try again.
Your subscription has been successful.

Subscribe to our daily newsletter

SIGN ME UP

By providing an email address. I agree to the Terms of Use and acknowledge that I have read the Privacy Policy.

Follow @FMangosingINQ on Twitter
-->
View comments
Read Entire Article